Fostering with FCA Scotland
Foster Care Associates Scotland was established in 2002. Over the past year we received over 1,150 referrals for children and young people that needed to be given a chance of a stable and loving home environment. To help with the rising demand of children and young people that need families we are looking to recruit more foster carers. If you have a spare room, are over the age of 21 and want to make a difference to a child’s life Foster Care Associates Scotland really wants to hear from you.
We can only continue to build brighter futures with the best possible opportunities for these children and young people with your help.
Call a member of our friendly fostering team and they'll be able to answer all your questions.
Visit an office
Rosyth Office - Aquarius Court, Viking Way, Rosyth, KY11 2DW
of foster carers would recommend FCA
of foster carers are encouraged to participate in events
of foster carers feel their social worker is knowledgeable
Benefits of working with FCA Scotland
24/7 advice service
Excellent ongoing training
Access to your local fostering team
Local support groups
Local social events
How do we support foster carers at FCA Scotland?
The support package we offer values the work of our foster carers and the positive contribution they make to the lives of children and young people. We recognise and acknowledge that appropriate support for families who foster is vitally important to ensure a successful outcome.
As well as comprehensive training and development opportunities, 24/7 support, local support groups, events and activities and a competitive fostering allowance all of our foster carers have access to the following:
- Regular visits, supervision and support from a qualified and experienced supervising social worker.
- As well as our regular support group meetings, we also have our ADAPT groups to support families with a therapeutic approach.
- Access to our Education Co-Ordinator, three Therapists who offer specific therapeutic training and three support staff.
- Our Carer Support Scheme and Carer Buddies offering peer to peer carer support.
- Comprehensive induction programme for newly approved foster carers.
- Drop ins sessions to help carers with training and allow them to complete online training in a group setting.
- Social activities for carers including coffee and cake mornings and Christmas lunches, chance to meet other foster carers.
- Online support: Access to a portal to read about everything that is happening at Foster Care Associates, plus access to discounts to a range of sites.
- FREE membership to FosterTalk. A one stop shop for advice on fostering and educational issues as well as legal, tax advice on tax and personal finance issues. There is also a quarterly magazine and monthly e-newsletter to help foster carers to keep up to date on items which may be relevant to them.
We work alongside our foster carers to develop our fostering provision. This means that we have our carer representative who represent FCA Scotland’s views at the National Foster Carer Forum, which takes place three times a year. The voice of foster carers is central to the continuous improvements of the service we provide. We encourage feedback at all levels, this includes consultation for carer reviews together with surveys.
We value our foster carers!
We take pride in how we communicate and engage with our foster carers. We have regular newsletters. Each year we celebrate Foster Carer Appreciation Day where we show all of our foster carers how much we appreciate their hard work to make a positive and lasting difference to so many children and families each year.
We want our children and young people to be heard and have their say about issues or areas that are affecting them.
That’s why we have our participation groups Raven creators and Kaios Krew who are a group of young people who come together to have their in shaping and influencing care for young people in the future such as participating in 1000 voices.
Meet Amanda Lindsay, Registered Manager
Throughout my 15 years working in FCA Scotland, I have always been extremely proud and very impressed by our foster carers, staff, children and young people.
FCA Scotland has such a wealth of knowledge, skills and experience in our foster carer group. The current total number of years fostering experience our carers have is a remarkable 884 years! At FCA Scotland we always like to celebrate foster carers reaching their 5, 10 and 15 years milestones.
It's a real privilege to lead FCA Scotland and I am really motivated and excited to see another successful year ahead of us. FCA Scotland’s amazing fostering families are fundamental in making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of the children and young people that we care for.
QA and Safeguarding Manager
Shagufta's fostering story
December 8 2020
Foster carer Shagufta, 53, based in Edinburgh, shares her fostering journey over the past eight years.
November 24 2020
Watching young people achieve things that others take for granted makes this whole process worthwhile.
Foster carer gave a Vietnamese boy a new life in Glasgow
November 12 2020
Meet our foster carer who gave a Vietnamese boy a new life in Glasgow
Caring for children is just so rewarding
November 12 2020
Jim started fostering with FCA Scotland with his wife Debbie in 2002
A day in the life of a foster carer…
November 12 2020
Being a foster carer means no two days are the same
Speak to our team
Whether you’re ready to start your journey or just want to chat to an expert, where here to talk.