- Voice: When children speak, adults must really listen to them. Adults must make sure that children are included in decisions about their lives.
- Family: If children are living with their family and are safe and feel loved, they should stay there. Their family should be given all the help they need to stay together. If they need extra help when things get difficult, they should get it.
- Care: If children cannot stay with the adults in their family, they will stay with their brothers and sisters. The home they live in together will be a place where they feel safe and loved. It should be their home for as long as they want and need it to be.
- People: Relationships are important. Adults must make sure children are able to stay close to the people they want to and keep in contact with them. Adults must also help children make new relationships as they grow up. Sometimes adults need some help too. The adults who are close to children must get the help they need to make sure they can do their best for children.
- Scaffolding: Help and support must be there for children and families whenever they need it. It must also be there for the adults who are close to children and families. It is important everyone knows where to go for help and that it is ready when it is asked for.
At FCA Scotland we have a longstanding commitment to providing loving, caring and supportive foster homes to children and young people through their childhood and into their adult lives. Our Team Parenting approach is designed to provide wrap around services and support to children and young people and to their carers. We are committed to Keeping the Promise and to promoting the system change required to improve outcomes for looked after children. We were proud to participate in the 1000 voices project and our ‘Safe and Happy’ pledge reflects our strong belief in listening to the voices of children and young people, ensuring they are safeguarded, and are cared for in stable, loving homes. We believe we can contribute to system change within our own organisation and through our current relationships, influence change with our partner agencies.
Amanda Lindsay, Registered Manager
Self-Care September: Supporting Mental Health and Wellbeing
September 17 2021
Over the last few weeks, our team have been delivering a number of relaxation techniques virtually to our young people to support their emotional development and mental resilience.
1000 Voices Raven Creators
February 28 2021
1000 Voices makes sure young people's views and opinions are captured through fun activities which is then used to shape how care in Scotland will look in the future.
February 26 2021
Here at FCA Scotland we are dedicated to #KeepThePromise in-line with Scotland’s commitment to ensuring children and young people grow up loved, safe and respected.
Our Response to COVID-19
November 24 2020
We are continuing to recruit foster carers, as the needs of children and young people remains our priority.
FCA Scotland attend the More Than My Trauma Conference
November 10 2020
As part of our staff development our therapist recently attended the More Than My Trauma Conference
Speak to our team
Whether you're ready to start your journey or just want
to chat to an expert, we're here to help.